If your dad is like mine, he can be hard to please. What do you get the man who buys everything for himself on Amazon? Fathers Day is on Sunday, June 19, and I always believe that your father most likely just wants to spend time with you, which is why it’s a great idea to take him out around Fort Collins, Colorado to some of our favorite spots around the city.
There are so many kinds of dads, though: the classy dad, the casual dad, the dad who loves a traditional hole in the wall. For whatever kind of dad yours is, we think one of the below spots will really make him smile, and feel appreciated on his special day.
Having a hard time figuring out just one location to take dad for Fathers Day? Reserve a spot on our Old Town Food Tour Signature Tour at any point during the weekend! This is a chance for dad to sample food from some of Fort Collins most well known local establishments including The Still Whiskey Steaks, Fort Collins Donut Company, Locust Cider, Pour Brothers Community Tavern, Slyce Pizza, Ginger & Baker, Ace Gillett's, The Emporium, Jays Bistro, and more! Click here to book your reservation so we can help you celebrate!
Just looking for one location to take him out for the holiday? We invite you to try one of our Old Town Food Tour partners, or check out the below list and let us know: did we miss your dad’s favorite?
For the casual dad:
- Take him to Moe’s Original BBQ. This eatery has delicious, scratch-made, Alabama-style BBQ that even the pickiest pop will love. Bonus: sit outside and people-watch while you try the funeral potatoes!
For the dad that deserves a drink:
- Pour Brothers will meet your dad’s craving for high-end cocktails, fun and delicious appetizers, and a photo strip from the photo booth to commemorate the holiday!
For the dad that loves to travel:
- Take him to Lucile's Creole Café and he’ll feel like he’s back in New Orleans! This breakfast spot constantly makes ‘top’ lists for a reason, and I guarantee your dad will love it.
For the dad who can EAT:
- Try Slyce Pizza: not only does this spot have creative pies and is a town favorite, but make sure Dad tries their pizza of the month. Get ready, your father is definitely going to want to enjoy more than one slice from Slyce!
For the classy dad:
- I will always recommend Nick’s Italian: if your dad loves Italian, these authentic picks will make him smile. Is there any better gift to give him?
For the dad who loves the "hole in the wall":
- My dad is obsessed with traditional Mexican cuisines, and if yours is the same, you need to grab breakfast burritos at Tortilleria Y Panaderia Las 4 Americas on College Ave. Everyone in Fort Collins has their favorite taqueria, and this one is mine—the breakfast burritos are messy but will be sure to impress your patriarch.
Don't forget, if you want to truly show your dad the wonders of Fort Collins, don’t forget to book an Old Town Food Tour and discover the treats and eats of our beautiful city. Cheers!