When you celebrate the holiday with your significant other around Fort COllins, there are many different options that can make the day and night even more memorable.
What's even better is this year the holiday falls on Monday, allowing you to spend time with each other either the weekend before, the night of, or even make plans for the following weekend.
This year, Old Town Food Tour has five ideas to make your Valentine's Day even more special and maybe an alternative to your usual annual plans.
Lastly, no matter what your plans are, make sure you surprise your significant other with Valentine's Day roses from our friends at Bloom, located at 153 North College Avenue. They have roses in all kinds of colors, not just red, as they are focused on you making the holiday special! Delivery of your Valentine's Day roses will occur on Monday, February 14 unless requested otherwise. Don't forget to add chocolate, balloons, or a stuffed animal to give your flowers that added element of WOW when your significant other receives them. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to call them at (970) 893-2907 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
1.) Visit an Old Town restaurant for an exceptional dining experience
Many of our Old Town Fort Collins restaurants will be offering special dining deals and meals that you'll only be able to find during Valentine's weekend. Some of the specials include:
- Ace Gillett's will be hosting a "Sweetheart's Special" menu from February 9 through February 14. (Yes, they will open on Monday!) The special menu will have appetizers, entrees, and desserts, and the drink menu will feature holiday-curated cocktails and wine offerings. Their main menu and drinks will also be available. Finally, they will be setting the mood on the 14th with the one and only Mark Sloniker, playing the piano from 6 p.m. - 9 p.m.
- The Emporium will be offering a Valentine's Day Prix Fixe menu on Saturday, February 12. Click here to see the special menu and Valentine-themed cocktails being offered.
- Coppermuse Distillery will have a special Valentine's Day cocktail that you can purchase in their tasting room or as a take-home purchase if you're more comfortable enjoying it in your residence. If you're looking for a gift for that special someone, Coppermuse is also selling a Sweetheart Gift Basket. If you're making it a unique Valentine's weekend, take your love to comedy night on February 13 called Sad Kid Sundays. It's their monthly comedy showcase that will have you laughing throughout the night.
- Jay's Bistro will be serving a special menu from February 10 - 14, which you can find by clicking here. They will also have their regular menu available through Valentine's weekend.
- Locust Cider - Fort Collins will be hosting a cupcake pairing throughout the weekend, where you can indulge in three miniature gluten-free cupcakes from The Cupcake Gypsies in Loveland paired with three Locust ciders. On Monday, bring your significant other by for a Sip n' Paint Event put together by Pinot's Palette. Click here to sign up for this special Sip n' Paint event.
- The Still Whiskey Steaks will be offering a delicious Valentine's special Friday, Saturday, and Monday. They'll be closed on Sunday, February 13, so their staff can enjoy the Super Bowl (how awesome is that??). Stop by during the holiday weekend for Surf and Turf, which includes a 10 oz Kobe New York Strip served with pan-seared scallops topped with champagne Beurre blanc sauce. It's also served with asparagus and rosemary sage au gratin potatoes.
- Nothing says love like tacos at Pour Brothers Community Tavern! They've created delicious street tacos (which pair fabulously with their Pour Man Margarita), special cocktails (including Sangria), and a fun dessert to celebrate the holiday from February 11 - 14. Share your Valentine's, Palentine's, or Galentine's Day with them from brunch into their evening menu. If you stop in on Valentine's Day Monday, you may just find some hidden Valentine's treats, while supplies last. They can't wait to celebrate with you! No reservations are needed.
- Fort Collins Donut Company will be bringing back their chocolate cake donuts for Valentine's Day. All six flavors will be available in-house or delivered on NOSH all day.
- If you're planning on celebrating your Valentine from the comfort of your home, Ginger & Baker has you covered. Fresh chocolate-dipped strawberries for two, or their famous Cache fondue kit complete with wine and baguette. Give them a call to order at (970) 223-7437.
2.) Enjoy the last weekend of the Downtown Holiday Lights
The holiday lights in Old Town Fort Collins have been on display since Friday, November 5. Each year the city keeps them on for over three months, with the last night being on Valentine's Day (Monday, February 14). This dazzling display of lights not only gets you excited for the holiday season but also provides the perfect ambiance as you stroll with your significant other downtown. After you enjoy a romantic dinner, please take 30 minutes (or more depending on the weather) to enjoy this last night of the lights before they are put back in storage until the first Friday of November.
3.) Make it a memorable Valentine's Weekend with an Old Town Food Tour
Celebrating with your loved one doesn't just have to happen on February 14. We highly recommend celebrating all weekend and including an Old Town Food Tour Signature Food Tour in your plans. This is the perfect way to see what each of our Old Town restaurants offers so you can make your plans for the big night. Valentine's weekend tours happen Friday starting at 2 p.m. (Saturday 2/12 is now sold out) and cost $65 for each adult, and you can add on the drink sampler ticket for another $20. During the three-hour guided walking tour, you'll visit five Old Town Fort Collins locations to sample food and drink delicious cocktails while learning more about the history of downtown Fort Collins. Purchase your tickets here and learn more about our food tours by reading this story published by our friends at The Coloradoan.
4.) Take in a Valentine's Day night concert at Washingtons
Washingtons, located at 132 Laporte Avenue, is one of the best venues to watch a live show in Fort Collins and throughout Colorado. Join them on Monday, February 14, as they welcome DeVotchKa to the stage for only $25 per ticket. At the time of the writing of this blog, tickets were still available for what will be a fantastic show. Over the past two years, we've missed the opportunity to see live music in person, and Washington's is giving you the chance to have a great night in their memorable venue. Please remember that Washington's accepts proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 or a negative COVID test with 72 hours with an ID for entry to their shows.
5.) Enjoy a Whiskey and Chocolate Tasting & Pairing Event
If whiskey and chocolate are your passion, Feisty Spirits in Fort Collins will be teaming up with Loveland Chocolate for a Tasting & Pairing Event happening on Valentine's Day starting at 4. They have two-time slots that you can choose from, either 4 p.m. - 6 p.m. or 6 p.m. - 8 p.m. They have limited availability of tickets, so make sure you purchase them now. See the full pairing menu and buy your tickets here. The event will be happening at the Feisty Spirits Tasting Room located at 1708 East Lincoln Avenue.